- To provide our members with a forum for networking and sharing information about environmentally sound, cost effective, industrial and forestry vegetation management practices in Ontario.
- To provide educational opportunities for the membership.
- To represent the industry, to the public, to regulators, and to other key stakeholders.
Membership in OVMA will allow you to contribute directly to your profession. The OVMA strives to:
- To provide a means for vegetation managers, researchers and suppliers to meet, discuss and evaluate safe, effective vegetation management techniques.
- Liaise with government on issues of concern to the industry.
- Inform the membership of public concerns and legislative trends.
- Encourage understanding, acceptance, and compliance with best vegetation management practices.
- Provide educational opportunities for earning Continuing Education Credits for Public Works IPM Certification.
- Review and distribute scientific, technical and public information to help promote safe, effective vegetation management techniques.
- Provide a forum for public interest groups and other stakeholders to express their views on vegetation management.
- Introduce new products, techniques and equipment for use in vegetation management.