Utility Arborists – Hydro One is Hiring
Manager, Utility & Vegetation Management for Davey Resource Group in Canada
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited
Davey Tree, established in 1880, is an employee-owned company and leader in tree and shrub care, commercial grounds, utility line clearing, and green industry consulting across North America. At over 10,500 employees strong, there are unmatched opportunities for motivated individuals to build a rewarding career. Like any businesses, people are the most important asset of our company and are the foundation to our continued success. As we continue to grow, we are seeking experienced, motivated individuals that possess a positive attitude, and strong work ethic to join our team.
Davey Resource Group, a division of Davey Tree, specializes in urban forestry, vegetation management, utility vegetation and asset management, and ecological consulting services. Our significant growth since inception in 1992 and our entrance into the Canadian market in 2015 has presented opportunities for career development and advancement for our employees. Our expanding team of professionals is currently one of the fastest growing segments of Davey.
Position Opportunity: High level career opportunity in the field of Utility & Vegetation Management Consulting, as Manager, Utility & Vegetation Management for Davey Resource Group in Canada. The start date for this position will be January 1, 2022.
As a condition of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to Davey Tree prior to commencing employment and start date.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Direct responsibility for managing all consulting operations for Davey Resource Group’s Canadian Utility and Vegetation Management division
- Responsible for end-to-end operational and project execution including safety, quality, profitability, schedules, staffing, as well as continuous improvement
- Coordinates and manages project effectively to customer satisfaction with the proper resources, on time, and on quality
- Supervision and planning of personnel, equipment and resources, training and spends to achieve targets and budgets
- Building and maintaining relationships with all utility, oil/gas and other customer stakeholders
- Development and execution of overall strategic plan alignment, new business development, contract growth, increased market presence and building new utility and vegetation management consulting capabilities and relationships
- Prepare competitive project proposals including tender documents and developing new and tailored innovative solutions
- Health, safety and environment responsibilities include coordination of all required safety training, policies, regulations, local labour law adherence, organizing equipment and tools
- Employee development responsibilities including recruiting, onboarding, training and employee career development and succession planning
- Payroll, invoicing, banking, insurance, equipment purchasing, financial reports, and marketing support is provided at the corporate level
- Overall, successfully leading our teams to provide a superior client experience in all interactions and continued market expansion.
- 2-year post-secondary diploma minimum, 4-year post-secondary degree preferred, in arboriculture, forestry, environmental science, natural resource management, ecology or related field
- 5-10 years’ industry experience in vegetation management or forestry
- 2-5 years’ experience in managing people and leading teams in a customer facing position
- Certifications that are deemed assets include, International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist, Utility Tree Trimmer (UTT), Utility Tree Worker (UTW), Register Professional Forester (RPF), or Certified Utility Arborist (CUA)
- Knowledge and experience with forestry and integrated vegetation management (IVM) on rights of ways including, utility, distribution, transmission, oil & gas, various planning and control processes such as trimming, line clearing, mechanical/manual clearing, herbicide, surveying, consenting etc.
- Proficient with computers and applications such as Microsoft suite, GIS, remote sensing, LiDAR, tree & vegetation inventories
- Strong leadership, customer and account management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Valid Provincial Driver’s License – with a clean driving record
- $80,000.00 – $120,000.00 total compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Potential salary & incentives based upon division performance
- Supplied company vehicle
- Excellent benefits package, RRSP and career advancement opportunities
- Employee-owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service
- Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please email cover letter and resume to Amanda.Kostek@Davey.com
Amanda Kostek | Office Coordinator, Urban Forestry & Environmental
Davey Resource Group – Eastern Canada
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited
Cell – (905) 807-5039 | Fax: (905) 304-9013