Business Manager OVMA
This is a part time position, reporting to the Board of Directors. Time commitment rages from about 12-15 hours per month, up to 40 hours in the month leading up to the annual meeting.
Responsibilities include overall management of the business of the organization, including agenda and minutes for monthly board teleconferences, maintaining accurate financial records and membership databases, ensuring member dues and meeting costs are collected, as well as other fees that are invoiced from time to time, and managing contracts and logistics for annual meetings and other events. The Business Manager also manage communications – semi-annual newsletter, web site updates, and social media.
It is expected that, in addition to general administration abilities, the business manager will have some knowledge of the industry we serve, in order to direct general inquiries to the appropriate resources.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 28, 2018.
Complete job description follows:
Ontario Vegetation Management Association
BUSINESS MANAGER DUTIES
• Maintain Association Files
• Arrange and Maintain Meeting Minutes (Face to Face and Conference Calls)
• Maintain and Actively Manage Membership and BOD List including:
• Maintain BOD list and terms served
• Membership dues
Following up on delinquent dues or memberships
• Calling past and potential candidates for interest
Includes seeking out new candidates
Seek out corporate interests
• Co-ordinate Membership Drives
• Prepare Financial Statements
• Pay Approved Invoices
• Manage web site and social media
• Ensure calendar of events is kept updated
• Ensure that meeting minutes and special events are posted
• Ensure that contact information is correct
• Ensure the corporate members are listed
• Ensure annual newsletter is posted
• Seek out items to post on site and post on OVMA social media
• Co-ordinate the inclusion of AGM and spring meeting speaker presentations for inclusion into the website.
• Special Projects
Co-ordinate AGM, Spring Meeting and other seminars
Co-ordinate Field Tours
Co-ordinate Sponsors for events
• Act As Liaison Person With Other Associations And Agencies